Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Embarking

I've got a lot on my plate, and I'm pretty sure that's the way I want it.  I feel like I need to focus a little on making it all fit, making it all work, and enjoying it.  Maybe along the way, I'll start paring down.  Maybe I'll find out how to streamline it all so I can fit more in.  I sure hope I gain some renewed appreciation for my life as it is, fueled by ADHD, coffee, and the constant quest for novelty.

So that's why I'm here.  Focus, appreciation, and some attentiveness to what I'm doing, how I'm doing it, and most importantly, why I'm doing it.

Projects I've undertaken or kept up in the past couple of years:  Full-time (plus some) job as a child and family therapist, consulting on the side, volunteer and (recently) board member for a music nonprofit, a pretty awesome relationship with a pretty awesome guy, gardener, cook, crafter, bowling league, kickball league, music listener (my other blog, neglected as of late, is about my show-going experiences), baseball fanatic and fantasy ball player, occasional traveler, beer aficionado, budding wine enthusiast, novice whiskey drinker, reader, DIY enthusiast, hiker (sort of).  Some of these (kickball, bowling, and to some degree, consulting) I've kind of dropped along the way.  Some (the music blog, reading books) I'm terribly inconsistent about.  Most I could probably be more serious about.

Projects I've seriously thought about undertaking (or taking up again):  Learning to sew, playing an instrument or singing (things I did as a kid), skiing (something else I did as a kid), snowshoeing, real hiking, getting some more exercise, actually marketing my craft stuff so people buy it, calling my grandmas more often, calling my dad more often, consulting on the side (someone just asked me if I still consult and would work with them), getting licensed as a psychologist, getting more exercise, cleaning my apartment, buying a new car, selling or donating a bunch of stuff I don't need, figuring out what that stuff is, budgeting or at least keeping track of my expenditures, learning to knit, some basic metalworking, silkscreening, keeping my music blog up better, re-joining a bowling league, and traveling to all sorts of places.

I'm going to figure out how to balance gratifying my burning desire to try everything with not running myself ragged.  And how to finish some of the things I start.  And I'm going to invite everyone along for the ride.  Welcome to my overcommitted life.

No comments:

Post a Comment